Selection by Design - Blog
- The potential test user with a clear specification of what they need to know and be able to do to use tests effectively and ethically in different contexts.
- A set of minimum standards for the use of tests and testing procedures.
- A flexible, modular approach to training that allows test users to choose qualifications that are most appropriate to their current context whilst also giving them a route for the ongoing development of their competence.
- Evidence of nationally recognised qualifications which will be transferable between training providers whose assessment methods have been deemed as appropriate by the BPS, and between various publishers and other suppliers of test materials.
- A Code of Good Practice for Psychological Testing which outlines the responsibilities and expectations of test users.
- Employment opportunities through registering qualified test users on a database where their qualifications can be readily checked by potential employers and where their new qualifications are automatically updated.
- Students on training courses with a specific set of objectives which they can match against the content of their training course and related assessments.