Consulting with Selection by Design involves a Unique
4 step Strategy we’ve Designed to Benefit You!
Selection by Design offers clients a unique approach to both training in occupational testing and occupational test consulting services.
When you register for our testing training courses or arrange for occupational assessment consulting, our focus is on you! Every aspect of our services is designed to meet the unique needs of our clients. Our individualized approach benefits our clients in multiple ways.
A Personalized Approach to Occupational Testing Training
Although other companies may offer similar courses in occupational test training, Selection by Design’s training differs in several important ways:
1. High trainer visibility and professionalism: Selection by Design is one of the only Occupational Test Training companies to openly and proudly advertise exactly who will provide your training. Your trainers, Dr Conor Mc Guckin and Dr Barbara Caska, are both Chartered Psychologists; Dr Caska is a BPS Verified Assessor. Our courses are designed with one goal: to provide you with the best possible learning experience – one you’ll find useful as well as informative.
2. Assured personal attention and support: Selection by Design’s training offers personalized, individual attention throughout the course. We do this, uniquely, by providing two Chartered Psychologists who work together to present your Occupational Test User courses while limiting training classes to small group sizes. Typically, other psychometric training companies have just one trainer per group. Dedicated attention maximizes your opportunity to learn and practice testing skills.
3. All course materials, manuals and assessments are developed personally by your trainers: Some training companies use pre-developed or “off the shelf” course manuals or presentation materials. It may be difficult to see a link between required assessments, presented material and content in the manual. We personally design all materials that are used before, during and following our courses, creating a sense of consistency and flow. With a clear conceptualization of how it all fits together, you can better focus on your learning experience.
4. An honest, up-front approach to pricing: Other occupational test training companies vary their prices for Occupational Test training; the price they charge may depend on the number of others that you can personally recruit to take the course with you, or your willingness to hold out until the last minute to decide whether to register for training. We respect our trainees and their time. We offer price quotes that ensure the best possible value for every trainee, because we feel you deserve a truthful and open approach to pricing.
5. Post-course support: Selection by Design guarantees post-course support. Your course trainers remain available to address any concerns or queries you may have after completing your course. We are happy to offer assistance and advice as you begin to practice your new Occupational Testing skills.
6. We take a flexible, applied approach to understanding psychometric testing. You’ll be trained in test use for both occupational decision making and career guidance and development, so you can apply your training in multiple ways. You’ll be exposed to an interesting variety of tests during training, including career interests, aptitudes, and personality assessments. Gaining familiarity and experience with different instruments will help ensure you’re well prepared to choose and interpret tests to meet a variety of needs.
7. We’re student friendly! We know from experience, students are great learners. We enjoy working with you! If you’re currently an enrolled student or recent graduate, we want to help you have the opportunity to complete occupational test training early on in your career. We offer student discounts on Test User Ability and Personality training. Student discounts extend through 6 months post graduation. Contact us if you’re part of a group of students interested in training together!
At each step of our consultation process, meeting your needs is our top priority: Step 1 involves a FREE initial consultation that helps us understand your needs. Step 2 is when we select appropriate tests and measures that will help you meet your goals. Step 3 is when you complete agreed upon tests in your own time and at your convenience. Step 4 involves a face-to-face meeting to discuss your test results and a personalized solution that’s designed to help you meet your goals. Every step of Selection by Design’s unique 4 step strategy is driven by your individual goals and involves close communication with you!
Three MORE Ways Our Difference Works for You
Whether you’re interested in our training courses or consultation services, there are three more ways our difference can work to your advantage:
We are accessible!
We regularly offer training and consultation services from our Dublin base, but are happy to travel for group consultation or in-house training delivery throughout Ireland and the UK.
We are competitively priced
Since Selection by Design is based in Dublin, Ireland, all pricing is in euro. This may reflect a savings over similar UK-based services and can work to your financial advantage!
We are Experienced Professionals
Who enjoy working with individual clients from a wide variety of backgrounds and fields.
We understand and appreciate that everyone’s needs are different, and we look forward to the opportunity to help you meet your own individual goals.